Microsoft Office error code 0x426-0x0: Microsoft 365, Office 2019, or Office 2016 fails to install when you attempt to install it on your computer. Corrupt system files and previous installation Office files try to explain the cause of error code. Below troubleshooting steps disclose, Follow the steps to fix the Office error code.
How to fix office 365 error code 0x426-0x0? Do you need help with your Microsoft office install, uninstall, update or activate? Having issues with your Microsoft product? When you trying to install, uninstall, or update your Microsoft office. Further, you see error code 0x426-0x0? Okay, No problem. This article might help you resolve your error with your office application.
Did you get this error message when you try to install/ uninstall/ update/ or activate the office? As a result, Sometimes Microsoft Office has issues completing the process. You’ll see the following error message in the office.
The common factor for causes of Microsoft office error code 0x426-0x0
Microsoft 365, Office 2019, or Office 2016 fails to install when you attempt to install it on your computer. Corrupt system files and previous installation Office files try to explain the cause of error code. I’m going to discuss a few reasons why Microsoft Office shows an error message while installing or updates. On the other hand, this might be helpful to you find the cause of the error message. During using any troubleshooting steps, firstly you need to know the reason which interrupts your Office installation. In short, this help you to find right solution which works on your computer.
- Office Click-to-Run applications.
- Previous office installation files.
- Windows updates were failed or pending.
- Slow internet connection.
- antivirus might block office installation.
- Low disk space.
- Corrupted office files.
- Problems with hardware drivers.
- Windows firewall or proxy settings.
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the error code 0x426-0x0
When you trying to install, uninstall, or update your Microsoft office (Includes word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook, access, publisher, OneDrive, etc.) on your computer. During this process, you see Microsoft office error code 0x426-0x0 in your office application windows. So, many reasons behind your office program which causes an error message on your computer. In conclusion, Here, you will learn how to fix error code 0x426-0x0?
This article contains troubleshooting steps for windows only. However, you’re Mac user and having issues with uninstalling or installing Office. Please click on this link Uninstall Office for Mac. As a result, you will get the right solutions and resolve your Office error.
Option 1 – Repair your office
- Open Control Panel using Start.
- Click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
- Then click on the Office product that you want to repair.
- Click Change.
Select Quick Repair and click on Repair. If Quick Repair didn’t fix the error code, after that, then select Online Repair and click on Repair.
Tips: If Office Repair did not fix the error code 0x426-0x0, try to remove and reinstall the Office Suite to fix the error code.
Option 2 – Uninstall Office from the Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel.
In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, then select Control Panel.
Select Programs > Programs and Features, then right-click your Microsoft Office product, and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8.1 or 8
Right-click the Start button Windows Start button in Windows 8 and Windows 10 (lower-left corner), and choose Control Panel.
Select Programs and Features, then right-click your Office product, and choose Uninstall.
Click Start > Control Panel.
Click Programs > Programs and Features.
Right-click the Office application you want to remove, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
Option 3 – Manually uninstall office
Step 1: Delete window installer package.
- Locate the office installation folder.
- Go to C:Program Files
- Right Click on Microsoft office 16 folder and delete it.
Step 2: Delete office with command prompt.
- Open a Command prompt window as an administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each one.
schtasks.exe /delete /tn "MicrosoftOfficeOffice Automatic Updates"
schtasks.exe /delete /tn "MicrosoftOfficeOffice Subscription Maintenance"
schtasks.exe /delete /tn "MicrosoftOfficeOfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn2016"
schtasks.exe /delete /tn "MicrosoftOfficeOfficeTelemetryAgentFallBack2016"
Step 3: Delete click-to-run process file
- Go to Start and type task mgr.
- Open task manager.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Find the following process and end the task manually.
Step 4: Remove office services
- Go to Start and type cmd as admin
- Click on open and type the following command and press enter after each one.
sfc scan (sfc /scannow)
Step 5: Delete older copies of office files
- Go to Start, then type %Programfiles% and hit enter.
- Delete the Microsoft office folder.
- Again go to start, then type %Programfiles(x86)% and hit enter.
- Delete the office folder.
- Go to start, type %Programdata%/Microsoft/office, and hit enter.
- Delete ClickToRunPackagerLocker File.
Step 6: Remove office registry value
- Go to Start, type Regedit and hit enter.
- Delete the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstallMicrosoft Office <Edition> - en-us
Step 7: Delete the shortcuts files
- Run Command prompt as admin
- type %ALLUSERSPROFILE%MicrosoftWindowsStart MenuPrograms and press enter
- Delete each of the “<application> 2016” shortcuts for each of the Office 2016 applications. For example, “Word 2016”, “Excel 2016”, “PowerPoint 2016”.
Download and Install Microsoft office
- Go to the login page of your Microsoft office.
- Click on the install office and then download setup.
- Open setup files and then install the office on your computer.
- Once the installation is done, click on all done.
Tips: If you purchase office somewhere else other from Microsoft. In short, Check your email for the download link. After that continue with the above steps of installation.
Notes: Any problems with your Microsoft Office? Contact us or leave us a message here we will suggest you back with the best and quick solutions for your Office.